Monday, April 6, 2015

AEE CORVAIR TRIKE HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!!

I have chased the Corvair Trike for many years. Along the way I found all the previous owners, many stories, some pictures and documentation.....but never did I lay eyes on the bike. The last owner would not send me pictures proving he had it. However......he eventually contact Paul Ponkow of Bones Legacy who just restored Big Twin. Paul struggled to get pictures but with a  combination of will and cash he got pictures and this Sunday he became the new owner of the AEE Corvair Trike! That's right Bones Legacy ahs it and is going to restore it to it's former glory.
Incredibly most of the trike is there in its original state. A few items are incorrect but unlike Big Twin it is structurally intact. Like Big Twin the important parts are all there...driveline, body, front end etc. In this case though the very original Molly paint is still on it. I rode in this with Tom McMullen driving...it will wheelie at will trust me! Sadly, Like Big Twin, I was also one of the guys that loaded it up and shipped it off the day it left AEE. Both bad days for me.
I'll update you as time goes by but for now enjoy the pictures......















5 comments:

  1. I picked the trike up from AEE to deliver to my brother in Oregon. He was in a full body cast at the time. He sold it to Al Kavistad in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a magazine with a picture of this TRIKE on the rear cover. We actually pulled up next to it at a stop light in Anaheim. I was 15 which would have made it 1969 or so. I still remember the 6 chrome pipes going up the back of the bike, 3 on each side! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the engine run backwards or do you ride it with the transmission in Reverse ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transmission is flipped over so it still has four forward gears

    ReplyDelete

Pages